The highly anticipated OnePlus 5 flagship smartphone launches today and goes on sale in Canada for a cost starting at $649.
That’s right, following months of hype the OnePlus 5 (or OP5) is finally here and it’s one of the hottest new Android smartphones on the market.
OnePlus also has a referral program where anyone who owns a OnePlus 5 can earn 200 referral points for each friend they refer. Whoever purchases a OnePlus 5 through said referral link will also receive a $30 CAD credit that can be used towards purchasing mobile accessories.
Although at this time there is no mention of any Canadian carriers planning on carrying the OnePlus 5, the device is compatible with all major Canadian networks such as Freedom Mobile’s AWS-3 LTE network for example and can be purchased directly from the OnePlus online store. Up until June 27 when the smartphone will be available to all consumers, you’ll need to enter a special code “Clearer Photos” which was unveiled during today’s unveiling livestream.
OnePlus 5 Pricing
Currently the OnePlus 5 is available in two different variants. This includes the $649 Slate Gray base model that comes equipped with 64GB of internal storage space and has 6GB of RAM, and the $719 Midnight Black model that has twice the amount of internal storage and 8GB of RAM.
OnePlus 5 Specs
The OnePlus 5 is the company’s thinnest smartphone to date and is packed with cutting edge technology such as its dual rear-facing camera system for example. The overall design also has a lot of fine touches that really set it apart. Below is the full list of specifications.
- Launch Date: June 20, 2017
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Dimensions: 154.2 x 74.1 x 7.25mm
- Weight: 153g
- Display: 5.5-inch AMOLED, supports sRGB, DCI-P3
- Screen Resolution: 1080×1920
- CPU: Octa-core (up to 2.4GHz) Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Internal Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB
- Front Camera: 16-megapixel with f/2.0 aperture
- Dual Rear Camera: 16-megapixel with f/1.7 aperture plus 20-megapixel with telephoto lens with f/2.6 aperture
- Canadian Network Compatibility: Freedom Mobile’s Band 66 LTE network and LTE support for all Canadian carriers
- Battery: 3,300mAh
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Sensors: Gyroscope, electronic compass, hall, fingerprint, accelerometer, proximity, ambient light, sensor hub
- Charging: Dash Charge, a full day’s power in 30 minutes