Choosing between a Windows 7 or Android tablet can be a bit of a task considering the different options available. That being said, why not enjoy the best of both worlds? With ViewSonic’s dual-booting ViewPad 10 you can do just that. The ViewPad has been around for a while now but has just recently been upgraded with the Android 2.2 operating system making it even better.
Along with the Google Android 2.2 OS upgrade comes a few key improvements including:
- Froyo upgrade with improved multitasking & Flash features
- Refined zoom for built in camera
- Comes with built in Twitter widget
ViewPad 10 Specs
Intel Pine Trail N455 1.66GHz
Capacitive multi-touch screen with G-Sensor
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
Headphone jack and built in microphone
Micro SD card slot (16GB and 32 GB models)
2 USB 2.0 ports
Mini VGA port
Battery Life: Roughly 4 Hours
1.3 megapixel front facing built-in camera (webcam)
Dual Boot Between:
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (16GB model)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Professional (32GB model)
Google Android 2.2
0.57 inches (l)
10.8 inches (w)
6.7 inches (h)
10.1″ (1024 X 600)
High resolution TFT LCD Screen
Brightness: 220 cd/m2 (NITS)
Mix business with pleasure and easily switch between operating systems. With quick access to either OS, completing any work or personal related tasks is a breeze. Best of all you can do it simultaneously. Perhaps you need to use Android to check your calendar while creating a PowerPoint presentation using Windows 7. Whatever the case may be this dual-boot tablet pc has you covered.
How Do I Upgrade My ViewPad 10 To Android 2.2 OS?
Creating the USB Boot Drive
- Download UNETBOOTIN and Android 2.2 ISO files
- Insert USB thumb drive to any open USB port
- Run UNETBOOTIN then select Diskimage and ISO
- Click “browse” and select your downloaded ISO file
- Now click “OK” and wait for process to complete
Updating Your Android OS
- Insert USB thumb drive in to your ViewPad 10 tablet
- Power up and press F11 when splash screen appears
- On the next screen select your USB drive and press enter
- Choose “Install to hard drive” from Android install screen.
- First select SDA1 Linux and then format EXT3
- Click “Yes” on the next screen when prompted
I Want One! Where Can I Buy the ViewPad 10?
You can order yours online today from Amazon using the button below!